Friday, October 10, 2008

Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch

This is another test post with a little more text, so that I can see better how this will look.

I'm currently reading a book titled Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch. I bought it because it had the same title as David Cook's coronation single, which is probably a sad reason, I know. I've only just started the book, and so far I both like it and am a little apprehensive about reading it.

I think in part it is the main character's dissatisfaction with her current life that I find so disturbing. Well, it's not only the dissatisfaction, but the way she is completely acting a part and just pretending and going through the motions and seemingly not really feeling anything. I suppose I can understand how one ends up that way, but I also find it a bit creepy, because it's like she doesn't even love her daughter. Her baby daughter is nothing more than a status symbol to her--something she can show to the outside world to prove that she has accomplished something and that she's doing all the right things. It's as though everything in her life is just for show and nothing means anything to her. Her dissatisfaction is also strange because it's not as though she's yearning for something else. She really isn't. She's just there, looking at her life from the outside.

Okay. Wow. I can't believe I had that much to say about a book that I've only just started reading. Hopefully this amount of text will give me an idea of what this blog will look like with more posts while I'm tweaking the settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment